Marketing is the key element for a successful business. It is a strategy planned by the company to promote its business products or services through advertisement. The marketing department in any company, make plans to reach the potential audience through marketing. There are two types of marketing strategies one is traditional, and the other is digital. Both are discussed below.
Traditional marketing means to reach the desired audience through print or electronic media. In other words, we can say that conventional marketing involves the promotion of products and services through the traditional way of ads. Ways of customary marketing are easy to understand because we are using them for decades. We can divide the techniques of conventional promotion into three major categories that are as follows:
1. Print media (It includes Newspapers and magazines ads, pamphlets, etc.)
2. Electronic media (It includes TV and radio commercials)
3. Outdoor (It contains Billboards, posters, banners, etc.)
Digital marketing includes emails (email-campaigns), telephonic marketing (phone calls and SMS), content marketing, websites, social media promotions, YouTube videos, and banner ads. Digital advertising is the same as a traditional advertisement. But the difference is digital marketing involves digital devices. You spread different types of content through digital services to reach the desired people. The more content people see on digital platforms, the more they will be familiar with your business. In this way, a line of trust will be created between you and your buyers. The trend of digital marketing is rising day by day as technology is growing with every passing moment.
Advantages of traditional marketing:
In this era of digital services, people are still accustomed to regular promotion because of its ease and benefits. Some of its pros are in the following:
- Billboards, banners, posters, etc. are still familiar ways.
- The material used in the usual promotion can be recycled.
- It is an easy way to reach local people.
- Easy to process.
Disadvantages of traditional marketing:
There are also disadvantages with the advantages of conventional promotion. Some of them are as follows:
- Content cannot be changed with the need time. You have to renew your ad.
- Expensive as compared to online marketing.
- Less information.
- Low response rate because most people ignore the marketing material.
- Not a direct connection with people.
Advantages of digital marketing:
People are moving from conventional to online marketing due to the ease and benefits of digital services. Some benefits of them are as follows:
- Content can be changed with the need of time.
- Maximum information can be spread.
- Way to reach a number of audiences globally in seconds.
- Direct interaction with the audience.
- Strategies can be changed quickly.
- The business will be more competitive.
- Stats of marketing can be measured.
- Competitor’s trends can be checked.
Disadvantages of digital marketing:
There are also cons of digital services. Some of them are in the following:
- Training required.
- Competition is too high.
- People can complain and can leave bad reviews.
- Security and privacy matters.